RASL #1 Headed Back to Press

New Comic Releases for April 2, 2008

1. dvallej
    March 31, 2008 at 12:16 pm — Reply

whos the hot redhead????

2. DrStrangeCubicle
    March 31, 2008 at 12:41 pm — Reply

That’s his wife, Medusa, isn’t it?

I’m glad to see that they’re not ignoring the “In that case, where IS Black Bolt?” question

3. Josh P.
    March 31, 2008 at 1:23 pm — Reply

Yes, but are they goping to deal with anything that happened in Silent War?

4. Maximus Rift
    March 31, 2008 at 1:34 pm — Reply

I agree with Josh P.

The end of Silent War had Maximus in control of everyone and Black Bolt being freed by Quicksilver’s kid.

So, what happened? Another deal with Mephisto perhaps?

5. Josh P.
    March 31, 2008 at 2:52 pm — Reply

It seems that the fallout from House of M (Son of M, Sentinal Squad O.N.E.) has pretty much taken a backseat to Civil War fallout.

Sentinal Squad O.N.E. was only referred to in the x-books because the sentinals were standing around the school.

The broader strokes of Son of M were picked up in X-Factor. The reall meat of the story, the declaration of war by Black Bolt was only ever picked up in Silent War which has been completely ignored for World War Hulk and Civil War fallout.

If someone can reconcile the first issue of World War Hulk (Medusa actually being wiht Black Bolt) with the way Silent War ended (Black Bolt all alone, abandoned by his people), you’re a smarted person than me.

6. March 31, 2008 at 3:26 pm — Reply

Does anyone remember off hand when Black Bolt was revealed to be a Skrull? I remember the panel in questions just can’t pin point it at the moment.

7. DrStrangeCubicle
    March 31, 2008 at 3:32 pm — Reply

It was in New Avengers: Illuminati #5, when he decides to speak up at the meeting of the Illuminati, when they’re discussing Skrull-Elektra

8. Ransom
    March 31, 2008 at 3:36 pm — Reply

New Avengers: Illuminati #5 was it. That was most of the reason people picked the issue up. It was all like “One of the people on this cover is a SKRULL!”

9. Brother129
    March 31, 2008 at 4:53 pm — Reply

That’s an awesome cover but it sure doesn’t look like any Medusa I’ve ever seen. I mean the red hair is a given. Let’s hope they address the fallout of the Silent War with whatever story they’re shilling here….

10. Rowan
    March 31, 2008 at 5:01 pm — Reply

Maybe maximus knew that Black Bolt was a skrull ? and he took advantage of the situation ?

11. Josh P.
    March 31, 2008 at 5:50 pm — Reply

Which would work, if Luna’s abilities didn’t include seeing someone’sinner being/aura.

Maybe that’s not exactly what her powers are, but that’s how I understand them. If I’m wrong in interpreting her powers, than that angle would definately work.

12. March 31, 2008 at 8:18 pm — Reply

Thanks guys, I didn’t feel like ripping into the archives to find that out.

13. Salieri
    April 1, 2008 at 5:29 am — Reply

Strangely enough, I find this pic hauntingly beautiful, amazingly so. It’s the hair, is what it is. It’s a thing with me – if a cheesecake shot is creative, beautiful and original, then I love it, but if it’s just cheesecake, then it’s nothing to me.

Although, now that I think of it, the hair thing had already been done by E. Nesbit with ‘Melisande’ (I reccomend it to anyone, it’s a great read)…

14. May 5, 2008 at 3:28 am — Reply

That is ONE great cover.

15. May 5, 2008 at 3:28 am — Reply

Oh, and I’m surprised no one’s made a joke about her OTHER hair…