Quite some time ago I told you the news of Kids’ WB! shutting its doors at the end of the season, handing all the programming duties to 4Kids Entertainment.  At the time, it was unclear what would happen with Legion of Super Heroes, but now we have the answer – the show is ending.

Legion of Super Heroes is currently wrapping up its second season, which will also be last season for the show. With the series no longer in production, fans can expect four more new episodes before the series comes to a close. Two new episodes will be aired over the next two weeks, but the two-part series finale has yet to be officially scheduled.

Sad news for a show that a lot of viewers seemed to have liked.

via World’s Finest

Oh good lord! Brit a Toon

Secret Invasion Cover Peek

1. The Ninja Charro
    March 12, 2008 at 3:09 pm — Reply

Damn, that show was one of my favorites, I mean, it didn’t have the the same level that JLU, Superamn or Batman, but at least it was 1000 times better thatn the Teen Titans and The Batman crappy “animes”. I am going to miss it very much.

2. Michael G
    March 12, 2008 at 3:11 pm — Reply

ugh hopefully, at least there’s box sets.

3. Cory
    March 12, 2008 at 5:39 pm — Reply

Hahaha! I hated that show! Anime Garbage!

4. Infinity13307
    March 12, 2008 at 7:33 pm — Reply

As a longtime Legion fan, I was a little nervous when I first heard about the cartoon, but it has far surpassed my expectations. I figured the cancellation was coming with the end of KidsWB, but this still leaves me very sad and now without reason to get out of bed on Saturday morning. The tragic part about the cancellation is the untapped potential left in the series. If we could have had 5 seasons of Legion, like JLU (another great series that died too soon), it would have been incredible.

5. Gaumer
    March 12, 2008 at 7:53 pm — Reply

I record it it every time and watch it eventually.

All the good toons get canceled and go reruns somewhere else. (hopefully)

Sucks tho

6. Katzedecimal
    March 12, 2008 at 9:38 pm — Reply

A pity, as it was just starting to find its stride. I was enjoying it a fair bit. Even went so far as to unload a ballpoint pen body so I could shoot spitballs at Cosmic Boy whenever he came on screen XD

7. Mark I.
    March 12, 2008 at 10:04 pm — Reply

I guess there’s no room for US-backed family animation on broadcast TV anymore. Long live the age of crappy recycled dubbed Japanese toy commercials.

8. March 12, 2008 at 10:32 pm — Reply

Oh, no… What will Molly and I watch on Saturday morning now??

9. March 13, 2008 at 9:19 am — Reply

Sadly, this was one of the few ‘good’ super hero cartoons left on television. I’ll admit that, having watched ‘The Batman’ from the beginning with my son — hey, he likes it and it’s Batman so who am I to argue — that that show has grown on me. But, this show had so much good stuff going on it in and it was superhero-ey (… ? Superherolicious?) …

We’ll miss it. I guess we’ll just be stuck with ‘The Spectacular Spider-Man’ and ‘The Batman’.

10. March 13, 2008 at 9:36 am — Reply

Oh dude, I hate to break it to you but Batman is over too.

11. March 13, 2008 at 9:44 am — Reply

12. J'osh
    March 13, 2008 at 10:23 am — Reply

Yea “The Batman” had just grown on me last season and this season. I’ll miss LOSH and the rest of the KidsWB stuff most of the shows they show are great, when against the alternative why even bother replacing, “4Kids” TV indeed.

13. Infinity13307
    March 13, 2008 at 11:12 am — Reply

For those of you mourning the loss of the Batman, I have seen reports of a replacement series for it. It’s supposedly going to be a Brave and the Bold type team-up cartoon with Batman and rotating guest stars. I believe that it’s supposed to start in the fall, but I have no idea who will air it.

14. Trinity
    June 16, 2008 at 2:44 pm — Reply

I like Kid’s WB when I was four, but then it went downhill for ten years. It was bound to happen sooner or later, so what can we do about it?

Kids WB was good until they made the mistake of putting their own shows on.

I never like Legion of Super Heroes because it took up the time slot for Pokemon. Kids WB had too many super heroes >.<

Good luck getting people to watch your shows, CW, because I highly doubt anyone will.

15. sweet sixer
    June 27, 2008 at 5:04 pm — Reply

This and the Batman were the only reasons I wacthed KIds WB now there’s nothing even remoteley good on. It’s going to be a Crappy station.

16. 5427966
    June 28, 2008 at 1:44 pm — Reply

i love legion i hate that it is going. Brainiac-5 is the best i wish they would make another season

17. Luke212
    March 29, 2009 at 5:20 am — Reply

I think it is sad that there will not be another seris because I thought it was great how it was telling things about superman that we did not know of and I really liked lightning lad

18. brainiac 5 's fan
    April 19, 2009 at 11:28 am — Reply

oof couse ‘ i think it is not fair to cancel it. i love brainy and lighting lad so much they are so cute
    and why that dame kid 4 or whatever have to distroy the best show i like?