I’ve heard nothing but positive praise when it comes to Marvel’s Thor. The company has sent Major Spoilers a sneak peek of issue #7 that arrives in stores March 19.

THOR #7 (DEC072216)

Thor’s world has been rocked by the machinations of others, but will the return of his father set him on a path of no return? And what of Loki’s machinations with the deadly Dr. Doom? If you haven’t checked out one of 2007’s most critically-acclaimed new series, then don’t miss Thor #7, kicking off a series of events that promise to shatter the status quo!

Thor #7 will sell for $2.99.

Major Spoilers Podcast: Boom! Studios

Justice Arrives in 2009

1. February 27, 2008 at 3:45 pm — Reply

… I thought that Thor, as of the last issue of the Illuminati series, was one of the ‘revealed’ Skrulls.

I mean, correct me if I’m mistaken, but I seem to recall that after it was revealed that Black Bolt was a Skrull and he was defeated, two other Skrulls — one in Thor’s costume, and one in Colossus’ costume — showed up to fight the heroes.

So, what’s the deal? Were those Skrulls not really Skrulls? Were they not really the heroes they were dressed up as? Were we not supposed to remember that those two guys had shown up as Skrulls in that story … ?

2. DrStrangeCubicle
    February 27, 2008 at 4:07 pm — Reply

That’s some gorgeous art.

3. mosdef
    February 27, 2008 at 7:29 pm — Reply

naw jacin b, those were real skrulls who had the powers of marvel u heroes.

4. February 28, 2008 at 12:59 am — Reply

I read that as two new “Super-Skrulls,” one with the power of the X-Men and another with the power of the Avengers, Jacin… I certainly didn’t take it to mean that any particular person was a Skrull.

5. B L
    February 28, 2008 at 8:20 am — Reply

Anyone know whats up with all this ‘status quo’ rubbish…

I’ve notice recently on most of the new marvel solicitations they have to always use the phrase
    ‘status quo’ someway, somehow in the teaser description….

Anyone find it annoying? anyone?

6. February 28, 2008 at 8:38 am — Reply

Status Quo is the new “fill-in-the-blank-title will Never Be The Same”

7. February 28, 2008 at 8:40 am — Reply

See, I figured that it meant that those two were Skrulls, as that would explain Thor’s reappearance (and his decision to rebuilt Asgard or whatever if Okla-freakin’-homa) and why Colossus was found (with a wishy-washy excuse for being alive again) in a basement being tortured by aliens and super spies.

8. CaptainAverage
    February 28, 2008 at 9:33 am — Reply

Totally agree with DrStrangeCubicle.That shot of Odin holding the child is brilliant. I’d almost think I could feel the fur on his cloak. And Volstagg has a real warriors face there in the last panel.Still can’t stand Thor’s bubble wrap look though.