broken_1.jpg

I’m just as surprised as you are in this sudden change of events.

Friday afternoon, my provider (GoDaddy) decided something on this site was using too much CPU power on the shared server and decided to move me to a dedicated server for the next 30 days while I try to figure out what is going on.  Of course they didn’t tell me they were going to move the site, nor did they think to check and make sure the migration was a success before the nerd herd went home for the weekend.

When not writing for Major Spoilers, Matthew is a manager at one of those tech support call centers, and I have to say bless the man for the large number of assholes he has to put up with, because I sure was one with the tech support people at GoDaddy.  The best part of this whole situation? Not only was the  site down for three days, but GoDaddy claims there is a script on the site which is causing the CPU overload, which is apparently against the company’s terms of service – however they can’t tell me what the script is – go figure.

Anyway, we’re back for now!  On with the show!

Turok: Son of Stone

Superman Returns Writers Not Returning

1. Sanlear
    October 22, 2007 at 10:10 am — Reply

Welcome back. You were missed. :)

2. Mark I.
    October 22, 2007 at 10:26 am — Reply

Thank God.

I thought my work’s firewall/internet monkeys saw the IP address and decided I’d seen enough. Then I went home and wondered if the world had gone insane!

3. Brother129
    October 22, 2007 at 10:43 am — Reply

Wow…I thought Marvel and D.C. finally got to you:)

4. October 22, 2007 at 10:46 am — Reply

Brother129: No, Marvel likes us a lot – DC on the other hand… not too sure about them, they tend to give us the cold shoulder.

5. October 22, 2007 at 11:02 am — Reply

DC loves us in a non-demonstrative way, like a mom who can’t say ‘I love you’ and just sends checks.

Now, what does this mean for Matthew’s review schedule, you ask? Well, I’ll tell you… I dunno. I’ve now got five books backed up in my pile, and my weekday schedule means that Mon-El will probably have to wait until the weekend. But I’ll try to catch up with reviews by Thursday (possibly even Wednesday if I’m feelin’ froogy.)

6. Dr. Strange Cubicle
    October 22, 2007 at 11:05 am — Reply

Thanks to GoDaddy’s incompetence, I was unable to use your site to help avoid doing work on Friday, which is completely unacceptable.

Glad to have you back though!

7. October 22, 2007 at 11:43 am — Reply

I freely admit that I cheated on you and commented at other blogs while you were away.

8. October 22, 2007 at 12:06 pm — Reply

Pat You Slut! How Could You Do This To Us!?!? After all we’ve been through?

just kidding. I’m just glad everyone is back!

Stephen

9. October 22, 2007 at 1:26 pm — Reply

Work was quite painful this weekend without the weekly updates ;) Glad to see you back!

10. mosdef
    October 22, 2007 at 5:10 pm — Reply

I almost actually cried, and i cheated on you also, several times with comicvine.com. was it good u ask, no but it was different and im sorry.

11. Brad
    October 22, 2007 at 5:24 pm — Reply

I’ve loved this site since I found it. And honestly your commentary is just as worthwhile as the detailed spoilers themselves. On Friday I kept checking for 1/2 the day then went to check the sites I used to before I found major spoilers……. deg, I liked you guys before but all I could think while browsing other sites, was Major Spoilers would have done this review better.

You guys are like morning coffee, it sucked while you where gone and I am very glad your back.

12. Everan
    October 22, 2007 at 5:40 pm — Reply

It’s good to have you back! :)

13. October 22, 2007 at 11:00 pm — Reply

I had my concerns. More about my next Hero History fix.
    See how I turned around back to me.

Welcome back.