Moonstone Solicitations for January 2008

Penance: Relentless #1

1. October 11, 2007 at 3:45 pm — Reply

I like it. It’s sort of meant to make the reader think – the Cap of today is a dangerous man, with a knife, gun, canteen – more like an assassin than a soldier. Isn’t that a comment on the changes between the 40s, where Cap was a symbol of hope, to today, where he embodies Rebellion, violence, etc.?

Or maybe I’m just waffling. Probably.

Kudos!

2. BadBad
    October 11, 2007 at 4:17 pm — Reply

He has a gun!

Why can’t Captain America also have repulsor rays too? That would show he is modern?

Also, Cap should have an adamantium skeleton. I think it would make him “edgy.”

I think that he should also drive in a transformable car that shoots rockets! Yay!!!!!!!

It will go down with the Superman Blue and the Booster Gold armor as a total winner. That is my opinion.

3. Bronson
    October 11, 2007 at 6:57 pm — Reply

Yeah it’s chrome all right, her favorite superhero is chrome? Is Marvel preparing for a full-blown assault on Wal-Mart? A superhero with minimal superpowers, that can’t fly, and whose only method of attack is throwing his only means of defense at the enemy. What’s next, the Punisher wearing a neon orange hunting outfit ? I’m betting he’s going to making a quick return to the grave and will not git-r-done.

4. October 11, 2007 at 9:48 pm — Reply

The 90’s called. They want their costume design back.

Not a fan of the new look, but with Bru writing, I’m in for the long haul.

5. Brad
    October 11, 2007 at 11:23 pm — Reply

Have they ever said that this Cap is a hero?

He could be part of Red Skulls entire-Brubaker-run-spanning NEFARIOUS PLOT!

Or it could be Hawkeye.

6. J'osh
    October 11, 2007 at 11:42 pm — Reply

I dont’t mind the gun or the knife. But that is just such a cheesey outfit. Wow how goofy looking. It’s like he forgot to put it all on.

“Dammit! I left the house without my shiny pants again!”

7. October 12, 2007 at 3:01 am — Reply

The original (and the best) Captain America had a strict no-killing policy. It’s what separated him from being a primary-color-clad version of the Punisher.

Is the new Cap operating sans-scruples, or is he just out to kneecap some b*tches?

8. D'Crow
    October 12, 2007 at 6:05 am — Reply

I love Alex Ross’ work but I think an artist who is so rooted in comics’ past was a wrong choice to moderize Cap’s costume. Ross work’s best when he’s paying homage to the silver age of comics and any original costume design shows to much of that influence, it may be Ross’ style but to me the uniform looks dated somehow allready. I think the armour look is impractical and not very effective visually. Not a fan of Cap with a gun but I’m sure Brubaker will make good use of it in the story. I hope the story works as well as it has with new Cap in as with Steve gone. Maybe with other artists drawing the new suit it will work for me but right now I’m not really looking forward to seeing it in action.

9. Ninja Charro
    October 12, 2007 at 5:37 pm — Reply

Do you know what? The new Captain America should be a woman, or an inmigrant.