Variety is reporting Jessica Biel is in talks to play the Amazonian Warrior in the Justice League of America film.  Guess this means yesterday’s rumor is just another rumor.

But what of Superman, Batman, the Flash, and Aquaman?

…the film’s likelihood hinges on the studio’s ability to assemble a cast of superheroes in a small window of time. Christian Bale and Brandon Routh — Warner’s reigning Batman and Superman, respectively — are not expected to join the production.

Instead of announcing the roles as they are cast, the studio will announce the entire cast at once.

So for now, guess we’re playing the waiting game.  My guess is we won’t have to wait long, the film is expected to begin shooting in February 2008.

via Variety

Groo is Back!

Goon Paperback Collected

1. Roy
    September 25, 2007 at 9:58 am — Reply

Just some thoughts…..what would everyone think of Ryan Reynolds as The Flash? I’ve always thought he’d make a good Scarlet Speedster, and now the announcement of Biel as WW made that thought jump back into my head. I could even see him as Ollie. I’m still lost on who they’d get to play Superman and Bats. I can’t think of any big name (other than the current two) who would look the part.

2. September 25, 2007 at 10:04 am — Reply

I guess my problem with Biel is she looks too young to play WW. I generally think Wonder Woman as 35-ish, not mid 20s. Are they going for a younger hip Super Friends?

3. sma97
    September 25, 2007 at 10:08 am — Reply

She’s got the build for it but her acting can leave a little less than desired. Hope they stay true to the costume and not the Jen Garner- Elektra silk pants treatment. Charisma Carpenter circa season 3 of Angel would have been WAYYY BETTER!

4. Ninja Charro
    September 25, 2007 at 10:13 am — Reply

I don’t like her, she is too skinny. Wonder Woman should be tall and strong, like Lucy Lawless or Chyna

5. September 25, 2007 at 10:36 am — Reply

I don’t care one way or the other. I suspect that whatever Wonder Woman we get will be more glamourous than powerful, anyway. Especially given that people keep positing Eva Longoria or (forgive me) Angelina Jolie. While both fine actresses, they don’t say Wonder Woman to me.

Of course, nobody liked Christian Bale (or Michael Keaton or Val Kilmer) as Batman either, until the movie came out. It’s called acting for a reason. :)

6. Roy
    September 25, 2007 at 10:47 am — Reply

I can see Lucy Lawless, but Chyna? Please, my ninja friend, tell me you were joking. WW isn’t even that muscular in the comics. Why would you want her to look like a ‘roid freak in a movie?

7. Brent F.
    September 25, 2007 at 11:01 am — Reply

Chyna? I think Chyna would be more suitable to play Gorilla Grodd than Wonder Woman.