dc.jpgDo you really need 101 reason? I kid, I kid!

Over at the DC Comics Board, fans have started a thread on the 101 things they hate about the DC Universe.  Here’s a selection from the list.

101. Superboy Prime Punch

79. Geoff Johns still writes for them.
78. Grant Morrison is still obsessed with all that Robert Anton Wilson stuff he used in The Invisibles, and he keeps shoehorning it into superhero comics.
77. Batman’s evil ninja son Damien
76. Citizen Steel
75. Robin trying to clone Kon-El (What is this? Alien 4?)
74. Supergirl panty shots
73. Krypto
72. The Sinestro Corps
71. those Zamaron lanterns that have something to do with spurned lovers
70. the various lanterns corresponding to the colors worn by the Mighty Morphin’ Power Rangers
69. Hal Jordan, the Captain Kirk of the DCU (not only landing alien babes regularly, but being fought over by them like he’s a character in No Need For Tenchi fan fiction)
68. Cyborg Superman continuing to exist
67. The Joker
66. Wildcat

Complete list over at the DC Comics Board

Top Cow Sneak Peek: First Born #2

Captain America #30

1. September 20, 2007 at 12:29 pm — Reply

I just have to say that I love the way the list kept getting interrupted for posters to argue. Also, I think that the 101 reasons actually contains about 40 unique reasons and 61 repeats.Boy do these dudes hate the Silver Age…..

2. Jim
    September 20, 2007 at 12:32 pm — Reply

Ugh. It bugs me how these boards turn into pissing matches rather than fun debates about stuff that shouldn’t be taken that seriously to begin with. I mean, sure, we all get into it, but they’re comic books, after all…

Nobody is being forced to read DC comics. I like complaining, too, but why so much vitriol? There’s tons of good comics out there, why read something you hate? DC definitely can be criticized fairly, but some of these seem exactly like things other fans like. The Joker? Do the majority of DC/comic fans hate the Joker?

I do agree with the “too many crises” notion, though….

3. Mark I.
    September 20, 2007 at 1:19 pm — Reply

101 Reasons I hate the internet:

101 thru 3: Idiots are given a voice like no other time in history to pretend that their worthless opinions matter.

2: I have become one of those idiots.

1. “lol”

4. September 20, 2007 at 1:46 pm — Reply

#74. is a bad thing?

5. September 20, 2007 at 2:09 pm — Reply

Sorry, this is a prime reason why comic companies DO NOT put a lot of stock into what internet posters say.

Stuff like that is why I stay away from the official company boards. Heck, I even stayaway from unofficial boards. Eventually, I might find a board with adults who actually want to talk about what they ENJOY about comics.

Not buying a book, or sending a series back like in the Amazon Attacks video, is a better way to voice displeasure. Yeah, a bunch of smacktards are going to change the course of a major company. It happens every GREAT once in a while, but not as much as the smacktard masses would have you think.

6. quelonio
    September 20, 2007 at 2:42 pm — Reply

They hate Joker? This is madness!

7. Brother129
    September 20, 2007 at 2:49 pm — Reply

Its. All. About. Sales. At the end of the day we vote with our dollars. We complain so much about Marvel & DC, but how many of us stop buying the stuff we claim we hate. We all enjoy the abuse and anguish…we’re a bunch of Peter Parkers (Myself definitely included!)

8. September 20, 2007 at 2:55 pm — Reply

Brother: I hate Sam Kieth’s artstyle and storytelling, and even though I will buy anything with Batman in it, I did not buy the Lobo/Batman series. And if it slips into my pull file by mistake, I give it away, without cracking the spine.

9. Chaosbringer
    September 20, 2007 at 3:17 pm — Reply

I admit I’m not the most versed in the DC Universe (a return to the Silver Age? Mister Mind eating space-time?), but I think at least one or two had a point on some of the more irritating things going on. No one may be forcing anyone to read/buy issues, but I know how frustrating it can be to see something you really enjoyed/loved/obsessed over change dramatically. On the other hand, comics (as far as I can remember) change up stuff all the time, so it’s not like MOST things should be unexpected.

Of course, I question the validity of someone who questions a little fan service here and there…

10. Brent F.
    September 20, 2007 at 3:58 pm — Reply

That’s a pretty childish list and there are no reasons given for many of the items. What’s wrong with Wildcat?

11. mosdef
    September 20, 2007 at 7:40 pm — Reply

well stephen schlelicher you should give it to me then, haha!!