picon.jpg

Chris Claremont and Jaun Santacruz are teaming up for a new X-Men adventure featuring Psylocke and Captain Britain. Marvel has sent Major Spoilers a sneak peek of X-Men Die By The Sword #1.

X-MEN: DIE BY THE SWORD #1
Written by CHRIS CLAREMONT
Penciled by JUAN SANTACRUZ
Cover by JELENA KEVIC-DJURDJEVIC
Rated A

In an epic battle to save the microverse, Excalibur and the Exiles join forces for what may be the last time! Captain Britain and Psylocke have not seen each other since Betsy was first sent to the Crystal Palace; however the Braddock family reunion is quickly cut short when a group of Excalibur’s most diabolical foes conspire to conquer the various worlds frequented by the Exiles.

To save their universe and the countless others in jeopardy, Excalibur joins forces with the Exiles and hunts down their reality-hopping adversaries. But who exactly are the true conspirators behind this plot? And how did they find out about the multiple universes and the Exiles’ Crystal Palace?

XMenDieByTheSwordpg00.jpgXMenDieByTheSwordpg06.jpgXMenDieByTheSwordpg08.jpgXMenDieByTheSwordpg13.jpgXMenDieByTheSwordpg14.jpgXMenDieByTheSwordpg15.jpg

The first of the five issue mini-series arrives October 10 and will sell for $2.99.

Script to Comic Prize for Screenplay Competition

Top Cow Sneak Peek: The Darkness: Levels Trade Paperback

1. Brent F.
    September 18, 2007 at 11:33 am — Reply

A Claremont story featuring Psylocke?! What a rare treat!

That panel with Nocturne leaping at Thunderbird and kissing him looks awkward. It almost looks like she is trying to eat his face.

2. DanH3
    September 18, 2007 at 1:54 pm — Reply

Wow, anyone else remember when Exiles was good?

I miss the old days.

3. Baal
    September 18, 2007 at 3:32 pm — Reply

Ugh. Wake me up when it’s over. BTW, what was Claremont doing during his time away from comics? It’s just that if I’m going to wish he gets fired I’d like to know he has something to fall back on.

4. Steviecool
    September 18, 2007 at 7:25 pm — Reply

Seconded.The odds of me picking up this Claremont story went from slim to none. I just haven’t liked anything he has done. Oh well.

5. Randallw
    September 18, 2007 at 9:56 pm — Reply

I was going to say “Hey, Exiles is still good” but then I remembered that even I, who gets every issue, was unhappy with it for awhile. I’d like to say it’s getting better but I can’t really say that. The latest arc was boring as hell even if it did have Doom in it. I’ll get this, and continue to get Exiles but I do really hope it picks up. There’s always the old weapon X issues to reread.

6. Randallw
    September 18, 2007 at 9:59 pm — Reply

PS. ahh I just realised, Thunderbird recently came back. So much for the one staple of Exiles. When you die you’re dead. I suppose next we’ll have Mimic and Sunfire turn up :(

7. September 18, 2007 at 10:46 pm — Reply

Recovering from a cardiac episode… So, probably not something he can really turn into a career…

8. September 18, 2007 at 10:47 pm — Reply

I suppose next we’ll have Mimic and Sunfire turn up :(

Given that Mimic is the greatest X-Man of all time, and that he had Wolverine’s healing factor at the time of his death, the first one SHOULD have happened already.

I had to drop Exiles during the Bedard run, with that gawdawful annual… I just couldn’t bear to watch a once-fabulous title spiral down the toilet like that.

9. Matt
    September 19, 2007 at 1:12 am — Reply

Can the Exiles find a version of Chris Claremont that doesn’t suck? Or just get that 70s space opera version of him back?

10. Mark I.
    September 19, 2007 at 1:35 am — Reply

How can Mimic be the greatest X-Man of all time whilst STRONG GUY exists?!?

11. Randallw
    September 19, 2007 at 2:13 am — Reply

Technically he only had 1/2 his healing factor, and it could be said Proteus drained all the life force from him. Still Deadpool came back to life, albeit he only had a broken neck. Hyperion as well, but I realised at the time that was sort of a cheat. As a Superman clone I don’t think he ever had rises from the dead power.

12. September 19, 2007 at 9:40 am — Reply

How can Mimic be the greatest X-Man of all time whilst STRONG GUY exists?!?

By mimicking Strong Guy? Hello? Is this thing ON???