Yeah, you can tell I’m behind.  Here’s your panel of the (last) week.

countdown36_05.jpg

The Last Supper of the JLA.  As one commenter pointed out, the almighty Batman has a dickness level of around 7.  Go ahead and play the game and see who is the betrayer, who is the disbeliever, and who isn’t pictured.

Major Spoilers Late Edition Review: Countdown #36

Changes Announced for DC's Showcase Presents

1. Brent F.
    August 29, 2007 at 9:59 am — Reply

If I’m not mistaken, Judas was the last Aspostle on the right of the painting, so that would put Roy in the Judas position. The only two not pictured are Wally and Geo-Force.

I think this panel was more of a joke, Batman is passing judgement on Jimmy Olsen who (if we are to believe solicitations) must die sooner or later.

2. August 29, 2007 at 10:58 am — Reply

lol, it’s like “The DC Code”, or was that “The Davinci Code”?

3. mark question
    August 29, 2007 at 11:01 am — Reply

I’m sorry, but that panel of Bat-Jesus and the Last Supper League just makes me sick everytime I see it. I’m not a religious person, mind you, but it deeply offends my art sensibilities. What is it with DC and aping famous paintings to promote their shitty crossovers? It’s ridiculous, uncreative and has probably absolutely no significance whatsoever. Just like everything else going on in Countdown. Lame.

4. Mark I.
    August 29, 2007 at 11:42 am — Reply

Ehh…art is in the eye of the beholder. Generic, thoughtless abstract smears of color passed off as “high art” and sold for thousands of dollars offend my art sensibilities more than a comic book using classic iconography in a “lowbrow” manner. Especially since it’s not a poster or advertisement or anything, just a one-off panel.

Bat-Dickness level should be around 7.5 since he’s not only insulting Jimmy Olsen, he’s insulting Superman as well for even bringing the guy. Not to mention the hint that his time is more valuable than the other JL members at the table. Plus he made fun of the name “Mr. Action” when he regularly trusts a guy named “Mr. Terrific” in world-saving situations.

But then, he is the Goddamn Batman…

5. August 29, 2007 at 1:14 pm — Reply

Don’t worry about Countdown.

6. Jim
    August 29, 2007 at 2:54 pm — Reply

Nice to see that my Bat-dickness comment referenced! I enjoy this one because it’s one of those cases where Bats is kinda right in his own dick way. Though, really, I might rather have Mr. Action on the JLA than friggin’ Geo-Force.

7. Brent F.
    August 29, 2007 at 8:45 pm — Reply

Batman’s time is more important than the rest of the Leaguers sharing the table with him.

8. September 2, 2007 at 10:21 pm — Reply

Just a thought: While Judas is the only one in Da Vinci’s painting who has his elbow on the table (as Red Arrow does), Green Lantern is the one sitting in the same place that Judas sits in the “Last Supper.” Maybe RA isn’t the one to watch.