I don’t cosplay for a reason – I don’t got the build for spandex,, although if you’ve seen me lately, I could probably pull of that late 50s, early 60s Lex Luthor look.  That doesn’t stop all sorts of people from joining in the fun.

I never knew sneakers, berks and shorts were part of the official Starfleet uniform.

Do you cosplay?  Send us pics of yourself all dolled up – I may have a contest forming.

via My Extra Life

Marvel Sneak Peek: Penance: Relentless #1

Supergirl & The Legion of Super-Heroes #33

1. Roy
    August 24, 2007 at 1:29 pm — Reply

The best part is, those aren’t Berks that camo shorts Worf is wearing…..they’re somthing much more nefarious. They’re old-style Nike ACG sandals! They have a thick, THICK neoprene ankle band that connects to the sandal bed (think neoprene ankle shackle sans ball and chain), with another strap with velco that goes across the toes. They were really popular in the early 90’s – I had a pair my freshman year of high school. Now, pretty much the only people I see wearing those particular sandals are old men in their 60’s and 70’s with really long, really yellow toenails.

I just threw up a little in my mouth.

2. Mark I.
    August 24, 2007 at 1:34 pm — Reply

“Lookin back, on the track, for a little green bag…”

3. August 24, 2007 at 3:38 pm — Reply

Tuck in that shirt cadet!.
    If your gonna do it, dress up that is, do it right. Don’t just halfway it.
    Still, everyyear I have people ask me if I’m gonna dress up for Halloween, but I have yet to do it. I guess in a way they got more guts than me. ;-)

4. Mark I.
    August 24, 2007 at 3:50 pm — Reply

I’m not going to crap on anyone for having a geek hobby, because I do far less constructive and more childish things than dress up like a Starfleet officer or a Jedi (getting drunk, playing video games until my eyes bleed, etc…) but can I at least voice my irritation at the phony-baloney made-up “geek P.C.” word “COSPLAY.” I know people who do it like to try and legitimize and add a false sense of maturity to the practice by giving it a grown-up sounding name, but it really, truly is–

5. August 24, 2007 at 4:39 pm — Reply

Don’t get me wrong – I love cosplayers who do it right. Just check out some of the fantastic stuff out of the comic-cons (we’ll have some from Baltimore in a couple weeks, thanks James), but if you aren’t going to do it right, and you are only doing it half-assed, don’t do it at all.

For example, Corvus, excellent costumes… group shot above, bad costumes.

6. Roy
    August 24, 2007 at 5:18 pm — Reply

I work in Baltimore, and let me tell you, some of the attendees that I see walking down the street during the day when the con is in town look like they’ve just stepped out of an A-list movie wardrobe. Some people really can do it right. Of course, then there are others who look like rejects from the latest Insane Clown Posse video.

7. August 24, 2007 at 7:17 pm — Reply

Roy, you’ll have to take a ton of pictures for us to post! :D

8. Kurt Fenreer
    August 25, 2007 at 2:05 am — Reply

To meekly go where no real man or woman has wanted to go before!

“We upsized the Vulcan, downsized the captain, and brought on a hippie Klingon. What’s wrong, Ensign Pat?”

“I have to go to the bathroom.”

“Right over there to your left is the men’s room… uh, er… and… beside it is the women’s lavatory.”