If you didn’t read the Major Spoilers review of Booster Gold #1, then you missed out on the next big clue for the DCU. Take the jump for the big (and I mean big) picture, then my W.A.G.s on what it could mean.
Yeah, the image is really big, click the image for super-size me mode.
- 1870: We already know Booster and Jonah Hex are going to meet.
- 1939: Batman makes his first appearance in Detective Comics #27. This is also the year Captain Marvel was created, even though he didn’t appear until 1940.
- 1985+2006=Why 2008?: 1985 Crisis on Infinite Earths, 2006 Infinite Crisis, 2008 Final Crisis. Also the 50th Anniversary of the Legion of Super-Heroes.
- New Krypton?: No idea, but I bet Zod and Non are gonna pop up.
- Superman and the Legion of Super-Heroes: Are we bringing back the classic Legion? The ones introduced in the pages of The Adventures of Tom Welling? Notice Superman is underlined and not Supergirl and the Legion of Super-Heroes. She’s moving off the series soon.
- Thom Kallor: Read your Major Spoilers Hero History kiddies. Not only is this incarnation of Star Boy from the original Legion, he also as traveled to multiple Earths. Is he a key figure in the Final Crisis?
- Power Girl Missing: She did disappear for a while into the bottled city of Kandor. Perhaps she’s going to Earth-2. I have some other guesses that I’ll hold for the time being.
- The Return of Ray Palmer: Well it is called, “The Hunt for Ray Palmer”. Looks like he’ll be found and back for more DC adventures.
- Beware the Red Lanterns: Red Lanterns? Not pink, right? During the Legends event, several Green Lanterns took refuge in Russia. Could this be a faction of lanterns from the Earth of Red Superman?
- Who is the other person making up Firestorm?
- Long Live the Real King: Yes! Ash Williams is going to make a crossover into the DC Universe!
- Darkseid RIP: We know the death of the New Gods is about to commence. We know only one is going to make it out. Perhaps it isn’t Darkseid after all…or perhaps he does. The name is obscured for now.
- Titans Hunt II: Looks like the first culling of the Titans herd was a success, and the authorities are allowing another mercy killing.
- Don’t Worry About Countdown: I think I’m the only one reading Countdown right now DC, so I don’t think you have to worry about people looking too deeply into that series.
- Who is Dr. Thirteen: You did read the Tales of the Unexpected mini-series didn’t you Rip? With the mind-trip that was that back up series, I know we are going to see more of that dream team before Final Crisis ends.
There are my thoughts. It’s time for you to comment with your wild ass guesses as to what the board means. For the most part this Rip Hunter Chalk Board is not as cryptic as the one we saw in 52, but there are certainly some interesting topics to think about.