picon.jpg

DC Comics has provided two sneak previews of upcoming titles to Major Spoilers. Take the jump for Midnighter: Armageddon, and The Authority: Prime, which ship in October, and Outsiders: Five of a Kind: Week 3: Thunder/Martian Manhunter #3 that arrives in stores today.

OUTSIDERS: FIVE OF A KIND: WEEK 3: THUNDER/MARTIAN MANHUNTER #3 (OF 5)
Written by Tony Bedard
Art and Cover by Koi Turnbull and Art Thibert

Batman’s Week 3 vote, tying into COUNTDOWN! Black Lightning’s daughter and the Last Martian investigate a mystery at the center of the earth — but the mystery only deepens when they find a New God on the run!

DC Universe | 32pg. | Color | $2.99 US

On Sale August 15, 2007

outsidersweek3-1.jpgoutsidersweek3-2.jpgoutsidersweek3-3.jpgoutsidersweek3-4.jpgoutsidersweek3-5.jpgoutsidersweek3-6.jpgoutsidersweek3-7.jpg

MIDNIGHTER: ARMAGEDDON
Written by Christos Gage
Art by Simon Coleby
Cover by Mike McKone

In a devastating vision of tomorrow, the apocalypse comes to the WildStorm Universe in this special written by Wizard Magazine’s “2007 Writer to Watch,” Christos Gage! The Wildcats’ Void mysteriously returns and transports the Midnighter to a not-so-distant future in which London has been destroyed — by the crashed wreckage of the Authority’s dimension-shifting Carrier! Have his teammates survived? And is the Midnighter seeing a vision of things to come, or can this devastation be averted?

Wildstorm Universe | 32pg. | Color | $2.99 US

On Sale October 31, 2007

midnighteraprev-1.jpgmidnighteraprev-2.jpgmidnighteraprev-3.jpgmidnighteraprev-4.jpgmidnighteraprev-5.jpgmidnighteraprev-6.jpg

THE AUTHORITY: PRIME #1 (OF 6)
Written by Christos Gage
Art and Cover by Darick Robertson

Fan-favorite creators Christos Gage (StormWatch: PHD) and Darick Robertson (The Boys) bring their incredible talents to The Authority — and it’s a match made in heaven! StormWatch Prime has finally managed to crack the infamous Henry Bendix’s encrypted “memory tower” and located a mysterious bunker hidden the Southwest desert. Knowing that anything springing from Bendix’s brilliant, twisted mind could prove either invaluable or catastrophic, they immediately head for the bunker. But The Authority are watching, too, and want what’s in the bunker for themselves. Will the Authority’s desire to build a “finer world” come into conflict with StormWatch’s goal of protecting humanity from the super-humans of the world? You bet it will!

Wildstorm Universe | 32pg. | Color | $2.99 US

On Sale October 24, 2007

authorityprime-1.jpgauthorityprime-2.jpgauthorityprime-3.jpgauthorityprime-4.jpgauthorityprime-5.jpgauthorityprime-6.jpg

Simone Gets Delay on Wonder Woman

Show Us Your Pics! 1982 Edition (aw yeah)

1. Roy
    August 15, 2007 at 8:45 am — Reply

Is it just me, or does MM look a little Skrull-ish on that second page?

2. jman
    August 15, 2007 at 10:49 am — Reply

DC’s new favorite word for their characters seems to be “beeyotch…” Guess that whole thing about “a lighter, friendlier DC” after Infinite Crisis was nothing but chewed-up grass…I think I enjoy the Wildstorm character more than DC now, since DC is obviously trying to out-Wildstorm Wildstorm with the language and graphic violence as of lately…

3. Brent F.
    August 15, 2007 at 2:16 pm — Reply

Thunder comes from a law-breaking black ops team, of course she’s going to be more violent than the average DC bear.

4. jman
    August 15, 2007 at 4:20 pm — Reply

Curious, Brent…I was told that Black Lightning didn’t even HAVE a daughter at first…PRIME-PUNCH!!!
    I just noticed who Billy the Butcher from “The Boys” reminds me of…Jack Hawksmoor!! BTW, is that GRAYVEN that she and MM are fighting?

5. jman
    August 15, 2007 at 4:23 pm — Reply

Sorry, didn’t look at all the panels…

6. Brent F.
    August 16, 2007 at 8:31 am — Reply

jman:

What’s your point? Of course he didn’t have a daughter at first. That usually happens after love and the marriage, sometimes without the marriage. Also, she debuted in the Outsiders two years before Infinite Crisis began and I’m 100% sure her conception has nothing to do with Superboy-Prime.

And yes that is Grayven as stated within the preview it’s self.

Also, The Boys is published by Dynamite Entertainment now and even when it was published by DC it was under the Vertigo imprint as it’s own self-contained universe. I’m also certain any similarities in appearances fans notice between characters is intentional.

7. jman
    August 16, 2007 at 11:33 am — Reply

Take it easy, Brent. No need to get all testy…as I said, I didn’t click all the panels. I remember reading Green Lantern when Kyle took over and I think he was one of his primary antagonists waay back when. And I think I know how babies are made. I’m well aware that Black Lightning has a daughter. Hell, I even Know that this is her second costume. I didn’t know Jefferson was married; they way her origin was explained to me, she just kinda shows up or something. As for Jack Hawksmoor/Butcher, that wasn’t a critique…I was just remarking how similar they look.

8. Baal
    August 16, 2007 at 3:45 pm — Reply

New Rule: Longer the title, the crappier the story.