As mentioned in the last Wizard World Chicago summary, Ra’s al Ghul will be returning to the DC Universe. Yet another one of those incidents where a character that was killed in 2004 makes his return.
But unlike Jason Todd, Donna Troy, and the rest of the lot, Ra’s actually has a practical method of resurrecting each time he dies – the Lazuras Pit. After Death and the Maidens, it looked like he wouldn’t be returning at all. So what’s the dealio?
- According to Mike Marts, Grant Morrison and crew have lots of mystery planned for readers in The Resurrection of Ra’s al Ghul.
- Talia, Damian and Batman all play their parts in bringing Ra’s back.
- The story was planned well over a year ago.
- This will be a big crossover event involving all of the Batman titles; Batman, Detective Comics, Robin, and Nightwing.
- Tony daniel will be the regular artist on Batman, with fan favorite Andy Kubert working on another Batman project.
- The story will be in eight parts. It begins in October in Batman #670, with the the rest of the story spilling over into the other Bat-titles in November and December.
- Look for Wonder Woman villain I-Ching to kick off the story.
Did anyone besides me read the Death and the Maidens story? I thought it was very good and really changed the dynamic of the al Ghul family – which was effectively returned to normal in Robin shortly after with the death of Nyssa Al Ghul.