Share Your SDCC Photos

Spectacular Spider-Man: The Animated Series Trailer

1. Michael Garcia
    August 1, 2007 at 5:26 pm — Reply

Actually, I think they are going for the Teen Titan’s look, which was supposed to be a retro Japanese look.

2. Grail
    August 1, 2007 at 5:37 pm — Reply

Wow that’s terrible… I was hoping for better looking robots… not stylized crap… I love the audience enthusiasum.

3. Genoside
    August 1, 2007 at 7:03 pm — Reply

Ugh. ‘Nuff said

4. Brent F.
    August 1, 2007 at 7:20 pm — Reply

I like it a lot. To me it felt like it had the story and writing of the original series with a new modern look.

5. vena
    August 1, 2007 at 8:09 pm — Reply

why is bumble bee a mini? =(

6. Brent F.
    August 2, 2007 at 5:44 am — Reply

Bumble Bee was the smallest Autobot in the original series as well.

7. August 2, 2007 at 5:53 am — Reply

Purely semantics, but the ‘bots look very soft and bouncy..not metal and mechanical at all!?

8. August 2, 2007 at 8:36 am — Reply

Didn’t mind the animation, new look and all, but boy was the theme song terrible!!! What was with all the long gaps between lyrics? Just use the original rather than murder it with that crap!

9. MC
    August 2, 2007 at 9:20 am — Reply

Looks great! You hatin’ nerds can go shove it. It’s the 21st century, come join the rest of us.

10. August 2, 2007 at 10:16 am — Reply

It didn’t look as bad as I expected, but it’s not G1, that’s the problem.

And why does anyone redoing the theme song have to have akward sounding timing on the lyrics?

And MC, stop being a troll. AS my nmother said, if you don’t have somethign nice to say shut up.

11. Shawn
    August 2, 2007 at 10:41 am — Reply

Wow um… Can we please move AWAY from anything at all resembling “Anime”? Try making them seem less like stylized bouncy fluffy pieces of Japanese Anime Garbage, and try and build our OWN style. FFS… I hate corporate whores who just want to pump out trash like this for merchandising purposes.

12. yuphrum
    August 2, 2007 at 10:41 am — Reply

I can see the look there were aiming for, kinda like Teen Titans.But it just doesn’t right, they look too soft and squishy.In the old cartoon they looked as if they really were made of metal but not in this.
    I don’t really like this.

13. August 2, 2007 at 8:43 pm — Reply

Just a reminder – everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and I mean EVERYONE. However, Major Spoilers will not condone nor allow personal attacks in the form of name calling or foul language just because you don’t agree with someone else’s opinion.

If Shawn thinks anime is garbage it is his right to believe that. If you would like to respond, you need to do it in a civilized way that does not include personal attacks.

A more appropriate response would be something along the lines of

<i>”Hey Shawn – I respect your opinion, but dude, you’re wrong! Anime Rocks balls! Perhaps you just don’t like this particular style or animation, which is fine, but don’t lump all anime into the same category. And those who think this reminds them of Teen Titans, it should, it has the same production designers, producers, and directors.”</i>

If you can’t do that, or you are here just to start a flame war because you have nothing better to do, I suggest you move along.

I’ve already had to delete two comments because they were nothing more than personal attacks – next time those commenters will be moved to the Spam pile.

14. Shawn
    August 2, 2007 at 9:27 pm — Reply

To put my point more bluntly… I’ll stick with the old school Transformers cartoons, right up to Beast Wars if I must. I appreciate it when a company puts effort into the animation as well as the storyline of a cartoon. Now-a-days the companies have realized youths will suck down whatever they shove hardest into their throats and if that means putting much less effort into making it into GOOD animation, and still get away with selling vast amounts of merchandise… then they’ll do that. Its called Corporate Greed. And it sickens me.

Oh, and I appreciate your ruleset here but there is no need to come in defense on behalf of me, I can honestly handle ANY negative criticisms and “Attacks” upon my persons by anyone quite maturely.

15. August 2, 2007 at 10:05 pm — Reply

Hi Shawn: Appreciate your comments – I would much rather this site be a fun site to hang out and talk comics and pop culture rather than devolve into a pit of name calling and flame wars :D

Rule #1 – everyone should have fun!

16. Laserwulf
    August 4, 2007 at 2:41 am — Reply

Although I don’t like the character designs, art style, nor Bumblebee’s voice, the animation itself looks pretty good. I love how everyone cheered when Arcee popped up for a moment. Was that a Scion xA that Bumblebee transforms into? It would be a much better choice for his modern update than what was in the recent movie.

The toys look good, too. Except for Prime; he deserves better than that.

17. July 23, 2010 at 10:14 am — Reply