New Hulk Design

RETRO REVIEW: Marvel Preview Featuring Star-Lord (1976/1977)

1. Kienan
    July 31, 2007 at 11:43 am — Reply

Wow. Just…Wow. The detail is incredible.It really looks like something a genuis would put together in a POW camp. There are so many parts of that suit that just make sense. Every bit of info that comes out makes me more and more excited. Wow.

2. July 31, 2007 at 11:49 am — Reply

I wonder if the caption for this photo should be “I crap nerds like you for breakfast- see!”.

3. Jim
    July 31, 2007 at 12:00 pm — Reply

It looks like C3PO on steriods!

4. Brent F.
    July 31, 2007 at 12:01 pm — Reply

It looks awesome, but it doesn’t look bulletproof.

5. July 31, 2007 at 12:18 pm — Reply

The Mark I is bulletproof. In the Comic Con footage that was leaked showed bullets pinging off of it. It’s dead sexy, I absolutely love the work that Stan Winston & Co. did in building an actual suit.

6. Brent F.
    July 31, 2007 at 3:11 pm — Reply

I saw the footage too, but it still has open areas, exposed wiring, and unprotected mechanical parts. It’s clearly not bulletproof.

7. Brent F.
    July 31, 2007 at 3:12 pm — Reply

Also, he’s got tanks of gas strapped to the arms. I bet a lucky shot or two to one of those babies would blow Stark’s arm off.

8. Mark I.
    July 31, 2007 at 4:21 pm — Reply

Yes, I am indeed bulletproof.

9. Hiya
    July 31, 2007 at 9:26 pm — Reply

It looks like a proof of concept, an early Mark 0.1 prototype, hastily put-together by a mad scientist to demonstrate the technical feasability of the weapon. Or maybe it’s a 14th century knight in shining armor who lost his horse.