Captain Marvel gets a new title with Brian Reed writing and Lee Weeks doing the art work. It’s not one of those stories where Mar-vel comes back from the dead, rather a time-travel story where the Captain comes to grips with his death.
More highlights from the Mondo Marvel Panel after the jump.
- Esad Ribic is now exclusive with Marvel
- Mutant Zero is a non-registered mutant.
- J. Michael Straz has a new project called The Twelve. This actually looks quite interesting as it features Golden Age Marvel characters no one has seen since the 1940s and 50s. I say interesting because I wonder how high the interest is, especially with the recently announced Alex Ross series that essentially uses long forgotten characters that are now in the public domain. Some of the characters for The Twelve include Captain Wonder, Laughing Mask, Mastermind Excello, Mr. E, the Witness, the Phantom Reporter and Rockman.
- The Process of rebuilding Asgard in Oklahoma begins in issue #2. I guess that is providing the winds don’t come whipping cross the plains putting him behind schedule.
- Jon Favreau will be writing a four issue stand alone Iron Man title, tentatively called Iron Man: Las Vegas, featuring Fin Fang Foom. It should arrive in 2008.
- We’ll have to read World War Hulk #4 and Incredible Hulk #10 to see if Hulk kills anyone.
- SHIELD will go after the Punisher in a very big and ugly way.
- Young Avengers is a project that has yet to find the right creative team.
- Ultimate fans will finally get to see the end of the Wolverine and Hulk fight sometime in the next eight months.
More panel wrap up as the con progresses.