Everyone’s favorite Marvel Editor-in-Chief Joe Quesada kicked off his own Cup O’ Joe panel with a little laptop trouble, but after, (with guests) made some cool announcements for fans.
Take the jump for the highlights.
- Phil Jiminez has been signed exclusively to Marvel.
- Terry Moore of Strangers in Paradise fame is the new writer for Runaways.
- Humberto Ramos will be the new artist for Runaways.
Well that’s a one-two bunch that should rock everyone’s world.
- There is a third chapter to the Hulk saga (with Planet Hulk being part one and World War Hulk as part two).
- Marvel extends is deal with Top Cow.
- Top Cow has turned in its 20th book to Marvel says Matt Hawkins of Top Cow.
- “Top Cow is a talent producing machine,” said Quesada. “It’s been a mutually productive relationship.”
- Marvel will be moving towards digital comics, but no plans right now for putting out new comics in digital format.
- Upcoming Eternals stories will touch on Gaiman and Jack Kirby runs.
- Once again someone asked about the Ultimate Hulk/Wolverine battle – still waiting for scripts, and will get to it soon.
- “I’d make Bruce Wayne more of a character, but he’s the only one.”
- Monthly comics are strong for Marvel.
Well duh… have you seen the Top 300 lately?
- The Ultimate Universe will be turned on its ear next year.
Oh Great – Ultimate Civil War…
More panel summaries as I get to them.