The Doug Wright Awards for Canadian cartooning were announced the other day that list 10 noms up for the award.
The nominees are:
- Shenzen: A Travelogue From China, Guy Delisle (Drawn and Quarterly)
- This Will All End in Tears, Joe Ollman (Insomniac Press)
- Scott Pilgrim and The Infinite Sadness, Bryan Lee O’Malley (ONI Press)
- Gilded Lilies, Jillian Tamaki (Conundrum Press)
- Nog-a-dod, Marc Bell ed. (Conundrum Press)
Best Emerging Talent
- Gray Horses, Hope Larson (ONI Press)
- House of Sugar, Rebecca Kraatz (Tulip Tree Press)
- Was She Pretty?, Leanne Shapton (Farrar, Strauss & Giroux)
- Bacter-area, Keith Jones (Drawn and Quarterly)
- Mendacity, Tamara Faith Berger & Sophie Cossette (Kiss Machine Presents…)
The nominees for the 3rd annual Doug Wright Awards were selected by a committee that included cartoonists Chester Brown and Seth, director Jerry Ciccoritti and comic historian Jeet Heer.
The winners will de decided by a five-member jury that includes: director Bruce McDonald, professor and writer Mark Kingwell, journalist and writer Judy MacDonald, 2006 Wright Award-winning cartoonist Lorenz Peter, and former National Post journalist Jessica Johnson.
The 2007 Wright Awards will be presented at the Toronto Comics Art Festival, August 17.