newwarriors2picon.jpg

Ok. You’ve seen the New Warriors #2 sneak without the word balloons, now Marvel has released the full preview that has the dialogue. For those wondering what’s with the product placement, perhaps this sneak gives you the answers… Apparently New Warriors are the number one search topic on Google, Yahoo and MSN.com. I think that would only be true if the search phrase was “New Warriors naked spoilers”, but that’s just me.

NEW WARRIORS #2
Written by KEVIN GREVIOUX
Penciled by PACO MEDINA
Cover by NIC KLEIN

The series also features the enigmatic resurrection of former New Warriors leader, Night Thrasher, and the return of a few fan-favorite former mutants who are struggling to live without powers in the post-Civil War world.

NW2pg00.jpgNW2pg01.jpgNW2pg02.jpgNW2pg03.jpgNW2pg04.jpgNW2pg05.jpg

Again, New Warriors #2 will ship July 5, for $2.99.

First Born #2 Has Answers - Really

Marvel Sneak Peek: Wraith

1. June 20, 2007 at 12:04 pm — Reply

See, now I’m not disliking Tony as much as I used to, because he is generally concerned for these Kids and for what the Initiative Program will do to them if they’re caught…it seems more like Carol is the Jerk. But then again, to me, Carol has always been a jerk.

Any secondguesses on the identity of orange-jumpsuit-girl? (EXTREMELY) Likely to be Jubilation Lee, in my opinion, given that Wolverine thingy. Or who knows, maybe he too can be fooled.

2. Brent F.
    June 20, 2007 at 12:37 pm — Reply

I think the combination of the early revelation that Jubilee was going to be involved in the New Warriors title and this preview confirm that the woman in the Speedball-ish style jumpsuit is the former 4th of July 24/7/365 X-Man.

3. Kienan
    June 20, 2007 at 1:17 pm — Reply

The only problem with the jubilee thing is that she doesn’t have super strength. Even if she was taking MGH. Although, now that she has lost her powers, maybe taking MGH would give her super-strength. Logan seems to reconize her from her eyes. I noticed that they do not have a hint of jubilees asian heritage. I think I just convinced myself that its not her. Damn. I do really like jubilee and have always wanted her to have a bigger role.

4. June 20, 2007 at 2:05 pm — Reply

The suit could be her power source.

Also, it could always be some other Mutie who Wolvie taught – like Tabitha Smith or Kitty Pryde.

5. Brent F.
    June 20, 2007 at 2:15 pm — Reply

Kitty and Tabitha still have their powers and are currently involved with other teams.

And I’m inclined to agree with Kienan, the powers seem to be derived from the suit and it does appear to have some technology integrated into it.

6. Jim
    June 20, 2007 at 3:09 pm — Reply

yes, but the real question is where does one get one of those sweet Dr. Strange chairs?

7. June 20, 2007 at 3:32 pm — Reply

On a side note, I would buy every copy I could get of NW #2 if it turned out that it was Yogi Berra under the Night Thrasher mask.

8. Brent F.
    June 20, 2007 at 4:11 pm — Reply

Night Thrasher is Wesley Snipes hiding from the IRS.

9. Maximus Rift
    June 20, 2007 at 4:38 pm — Reply

Night Thrasher is Steve Rodgers. :p

10. Jim
    June 20, 2007 at 11:06 pm — Reply

No, Night Thrasher is O.J., and he’s going to find the real killer….

11. Brent F.
    June 21, 2007 at 4:33 pm — Reply

We’re all wrong, Night Thrasher is Bill Foster.