Many of you were probably wondering where your edition of Flash: The Fastest Man Alive #13, which was originally scheduled to arrive last week (June 6) disappeared to… um…you are reading the series, right?

DC Comics let us know the issue will ship next week (June 20), along with Justice League of America #10, and Countdown #45. JLA #10 concludes the lightning saga, and with Flash being the man that rides the lightning, along with the promo poster that shows a fallen “Flash” (presumably Bart Allen), could we be seeing the return of Barry Allen?

Don’t forget to take the poll! And let’s see what DC/JLA/Flash/LoSH has in store for us all. I’m still leaning toward Kal-L simply because of this page from JSA #1.

jsaprevyear_1.jpg

What do you think?

Playing the DC Odds:

Barry Allen – 10:1
Wally West – 25:1
Kal-L – 50:1
Earth-2 Lois Lane – 100:1
Ferro Lad – 10000:1
Blue Beetle – 1000000:1
Blok – 100000000:1

Outsiders #48

Marvel Sneak Peek: Deadpool/GLI Summer Fun Edition

1. June 12, 2007 at 5:49 pm — Reply

I’m expecting Kal-L to come back as well for the same reason.

2. June 12, 2007 at 6:05 pm — Reply

WE WANT BLOK!

CLAP CLAP CLAPCLAPCLAP!

WE WANT BLOK!

Who’s with me???

*crickets*

3. Maximus Rift
    June 12, 2007 at 9:07 pm — Reply

*rolls eyes*

Another Superman… God I hope not.

Would be interesting if it was Blok… though I’m more of a Ferro Lad fan.

4. Brent F.
    June 12, 2007 at 10:01 pm — Reply

Wally West isn’t dead though…

My vote goes to Barry Allen.

5. June 12, 2007 at 10:45 pm — Reply

*rolls eyes*

Another Superman… God I hope not.

Would be interesting if it was Blok… though I’m more of a Ferro Lad fan.

That’d be pretty cool, but why would they come back to the 21st century to resurrect one of their own who died in the 30th? I waffle back and forth between Kal-L and Barry Allen, though I doubt that either resurrection would be permanent…

6. June 12, 2007 at 10:58 pm — Reply

All of this ridiculousness is why I tend to stay on the Marvel side of the aisle. I got on board with Identity Crisis I totally dug it. Then the whole mess that was Infinite Crisis … talk about getting drowned. That event made it nearly impossible for the uninitiated to get back into the regular DC continuity. We end that with 52 which was an absolute joke. Ooops we messed up … hit reset. Dagger. We’ve got Countdown with more people dying for no reason, dudes coming back from the dead. I forget why I started commenting … damn.

7. June 13, 2007 at 12:16 am — Reply

Seems understandable, but I can’t see as how Marvel is any less confusing. The same character headlines Punisher and Punisher War Journal, but they’re practically different universes. Same goes for Wolverine and Wolverine: Origins. Bucky was never dead, The Beyonder was actually a teenage mutant ninja Inhuman, Iron Man’s powers and abilities are up and down the charts like a whore’s drawers, and, apparently, it’s only been six months since the events of the Secret War, meaning that over FOUR YEARS of storylines, including no fewer than SIX major crossovers, have taken place in a timeframe equivalent to a television season. Comics as a whole are driven by huge overarching plotlines, “event” issues, and nostalgia. For my money, DC plays a bit fairer right now in terms of giving the occasional issue that you can just sit, read, and enjoy without going through the back-issues to figure out what’s going on, or having an entire book be nothing but build-up for the NEXT huge mega-event… but only by a fraction.

I do take issue with your assessment of 52, though… I don’t know that any of the events there were what I would call “hitting reset.” Indeed, there seemed to be a clear through-line for most of the characters, and while the “real time” aspect of it all was a gimmick, it was a gimmick that worked.

They call comics a medium because they’re neither rare nor well-done most of the time, but in any case, you have to choose what you enjoy. When all the books are interlocking (something both Marvel and DC are guilty of lately) it becomes much more difficult to do so.

8. Baal
    June 13, 2007 at 12:53 am — Reply

I believe with all my heart that the Beyonders is actually a teenage mutant ninja Inhuman from the future!

And I’ll see your Blok and raise you a Quislet!

9. Jim
    June 13, 2007 at 10:50 am — Reply

I don’t follow why the LoSH would be going back in time, and sacrificing one of their own, to resurrect either Flash, since to my knowledge there was no Flash in LoSH’s time. Also, I don’t know how else to explain those last two panels if it’s not Kal-L.

10. June 13, 2007 at 11:32 am — Reply

Kal-L seems most likely…

But Barry Allen DID spend a bit of time in the 30th century, long enough to father twins in the Pre-Crisis continuity. Post Crisis, those children (Don and Dawn) each had a child with super-speed powers, XS of the Legion (first reboot) and Impulse, nee Kid Flash, now the current bearer of the mantle of Flash.

Either Barry or Bart is supposed to be a big part of upcoming events at DC, so it’s always a possibility.

11. June 13, 2007 at 11:55 am — Reply

Matthew: A bit of time? Seems through the ages, he and Iris spent a HUGE amount of time in the 30th century. I like XS, she was a great character, especially the crossover in the Impulse title.

12. Mark I.
    June 13, 2007 at 4:25 pm — Reply

DC sure loves them some Kingdom Come, don’t they?