runaways_picon.jpg

Buffy fans, why aren’t you reading Runaways? It’s written by your master Joss Whedon and has received tons of great reviews. Marvel Comics has sent us a sneak peek at Runaways #27, which sends the team tripping to the past.

RUNAWAYS #27
Written by JOSS WHEDON
Penciled by MICHAEL RYAN
Cover by JO CHEN

Whedon & Ryan have taken the Runaways to New York and introduced them to some very important people, such as the Kingpin and the Punisher. Now the team is taking a giant step backwards… to 1907! So what’s in 1907? Tons of new characters! Both friendly and unfriendly faces from Runaways issues past! Action! Love! All this and comedy to boot! Also, meet a new character that will become a Runaway!Runaways 27 COV.jpgRunaways 27 1.jpgRunaways 27 2.jpgRunaways 27 3.jpg

Runaways #27 hits stores June 27, 2007 for $2.99.

Star Trek: Year Four #1

Green Lantern #20

1. Maximus Rift
    June 5, 2007 at 10:07 pm — Reply

You know, I’m starting to hate this series. Characters are okay, but the premise is starting to wear thin on me. Really want this and the current Ant Man to end.

2. Brent F.
    June 6, 2007 at 1:03 am — Reply

Joss Whedon is overrated.

3. June 6, 2007 at 2:56 am — Reply

You know, I realised Yesterday that I COULD in fact care less about this series than I already do. ascinating…hmm?

4. June 6, 2007 at 8:04 am — Reply

Alright, alright, break it up, nothin’ to see here… :)

Runaways is an interesting series, with some nice characterization, and I’ve enjoyed what Joss has done with it so far. Bryan Vaughan made a silk purse out of a sow’s ear in this case, and I like the result.

That said, it’s not a normal title, and may not appeal to everyone. Caveat emptor, I s’pose.

5. Brent F.
    June 6, 2007 at 2:33 pm — Reply

Meh, it has always looked like just another “pretty kids with problems” title.

6. June 6, 2007 at 2:43 pm — Reply

You mean like the fifty-seven X-Titles? :)

Naaah, it’s more than that… Ya might hit a library for the first trade, it’s interesting stuff.

7. Brent F.
    June 6, 2007 at 9:46 pm — Reply

Yes, the “pretty kids with problems” syndrome is why I don’t read X-Men books. Now if a lot more of them were in the same situation as Beast, Nightcrawler, or Toad then it would be understandable. But I can’t relate to a bunch of pretty people who can pass off as human if they really wanted too, but decide not to for drama’s sake.