It was just under a year ago when I got my hands on the first issue of Meltdown by David B. Schwartz and Sean Wang. I was blown away by the story and art, giving it a solid five stars and a place in The Major Spoilers Best of 2006 list. David sent me an email, letting me know the trade paperback is set for release on July 5.
“We’ve got the full 96 pages of story that were in issues one and two,” says Schwartz, “but there’s gonna be a lot more than that. We’re really thinking of this like an ultimate edition DVD release, and packing it with tons of great bonus features.”
What else is going to be in this collection? Take the jump for the new cover by Chris Bachalo and a pin-up by Micah Gunnell.
MELTDOWN tells the story of a reluctant superhero whose fire-based powers are killing him by melting him down from within.??With only 7 days left to live, he must put his life in order, and make amends for all of his regrets.??The script is by David B. Schwartz, artwork is by Sean Wang (creator of RUNNERS), colors by Guru-eFX, and incredible covers by both Bachalo (issue 1) and Greg Horn (issue 2).
In regards to the Meltdown trade artist Sean Wang said, “I’m opening my entire sketchbook. You’ll get to see all of the design work I did when creating the look of these characters, and I talk the reader through the whole process.”
Image Comics provided the full list of bonus features:
- The Making of Chris Bachalo’s Cover: A rare look inside the creative process of one of comics’ top artists,where you’ll get to see his thumbnails, pencils and inks.
- A foreword by superstar writer Robert Kirkman, creator of THE WALKING DEAD and INVINCIBLE.
- The original series pitch
- Pin-ups by other great artists, giving their interpretations of the MELTDOWN characters
- Deleted scenes, alternate endings, and more!
Meltdown: The Definitive Collection trade paperback will be 152 pages and ships July 5, 2007.