Movie is The First Ever Animated Superman Project to Be Rated PG-13
Oh Man! I Can Not Wait For This DVD! Most of us certainly remember the hype surrounding the Death of Superman, and even if the story was a little shaky in places, you have to admit it was a fun ride. There are a couple of things I’m looking forward to seeing in this DVD. The first is the level of cartoon violence taking place in the flick causing the PG-13 rating. I’m also interested in seeing how Adam Baldwin will do as the voice of Superman, Anne Heche as Lois Lane, and James Masters as Lex Luthor. I’m sad that Timothy Daly and Dana Delany won’t be reprising their roles from the Animated Series, but I’m willing to give it a chance.
The complete release follows, with another image of the action figures and info on the other PG-13 animated movies from Warner Bros.
Warner Home Video, DC Comics and Warner Bros. Animation are set to release an all-new original movie Superman Doomsday on September 18, 2007.
Utilizing the vast history and tradition of DC Comic’s classic comic book stories along with a more provocative and action-packed story line for avid comic fans as well as kids and their parents, Superman Doomsday features the voices of Adam Baldwin Independence Day as Superman, Anne Heche Men in Trees as Lois Lane and James Marsters Buffy the Vampire Slayer as Lex Luthor, and will be available for $19.98. Order due date is August 14, 2007.
Produced by Bruce Timm Justice League Unlimited, Batman: The Animated Series and written by Duane Capizzi The Batman, The Batman vs. Dracula, Superman Doomsday is inspired by the best-selling graphic novel of all time, DC Comics’ THE DEATH OF SUPERMAN. When the intergalactic serial killer Doomsday is unearthed, Superman meets the creature head on in the battle to end all battles. Going punch for punch, Superman finally ends the threat of Doomsday as he throws one last punch and collapses forever – making the ultimate sacrifice to save Metropolis and all those he once loved.
Superman Doomsday will be available exclusively on DVD with collectible packaging as well as over 70 minutes of incredible DVD extras including:
- The Clash of the Juggernauts – A retrospective look at the craze which caught the world by storm. What happens when millions of fans are suddenly subjected to the death of their favorite character? Total mayhem! Going on record about the “Death of Superman” will be Paul Levitz and other DC staff as well as comic book artists throughout the industry. News clippings, reports and first-hand archival testimony from fans will be pieced together in a retrospective way. The featurette will also include a closer look at the dark Superman appearing in “The Return of Superman” graphic novel.
- The Artists Playground…From Art to Sound Design in Superman Doomsday – Producer Bruce Timm and his creative team of writers, animators and designers will take us on an exciting journey of character evolution. This documentary will focus on early character concept drawings, final character art, various stages of modeling, storyboards, animatics, layering of colors, voice talent and ultimately final animation.
- Justice League: The New Frontier – Sneak peak of the next DC Universe Original Movie
- Defeat Doomsday: Battle Challenge – Battle as Superman to defeat Doomsday in this fast-action, dexterity challenge which lets the users relive the epic battle with unique gameplay inter-cut with footage from the movie.
- Widescreen (1.78:1)
- 5.1 Dolby Digital
“We are thrilled to be releasing the first of the DC Universe movies that feature extraordinary talent including Adam Baldwin and Anne Heche, as well as the lauded producer/writer team of Bruce Timm and Duane Capizzi,” said Dorinda Marticorena, WHV Vice President, Kids and Sports Marketing. “With an authentic animation look and feel and a more emotional as well as action-packed storyline, Superman Doomsday will certainly appeal to adult comic book fans and older kids.”
Superman Doomsday Marketing Support
Superman Doomsday will be supported by a massive media campaign delivering millions of impressions. Marketing support will also include strong promotion support as well as explosive on-line promotion stunts. Finally, the DVD release of Superman Doomsday will be supported by a network television premiere.
Superman Franchise Information
The ultimate Superhero is the ultimate global icon:
* Universal awareness across all age groups
* Combined Superman films have generated over $1 billion in worldwide box office
* Over 35 Superman titles on video and DVD
* Superman comic books in over 40 countries
* 400 licensing partners worldwide
DC UNIVERSE ORIGINAL MOVIES
DC Comics, Warner Home Video (WHV) and Warner Bros. Animation (WBA) began the production and distribution of “DC Universe,” a series of original, animated PG-13 movies in July 2006. This original made for DVD movie is part of the DC Universe series of animated PG-13 films written and directed by acclaimed comic book creators and animators and featuring recognizable talent. WHV will be the exclusive worldwide home entertainment distributor for all DC Universe movies which will include a slate of 2-3 action-packed films per year. Superman Doomsday is the first DC Universe original animated movie. Other DC properties with films in development include Justice League, Teen Titans, Green Lantern, Flash and Wonder Woman.
Street Date: September 18, 2007
Order Due Date: August 14, 2007
Languages: English, Spanish
Run Time: 75 minutes approx.
Aspect Ratio: Widescreen (1.78:1)
Audio: 5.1 Dolby Surround Stereo
Color / Closed Captioned
Superman Doomsday Original Movie
Price: $19.98 SRP / No MAP
DVD catalog: #74621