Arcana Studio Unveils NYCC Exclusives
New York Comic Con is this weekend and Arcana Studio has announced its con exclusives that include a hardcover, 2 brand new series, a one shot, hard to find comics, and limited print runs. You’ll have to take the jump to see what you can pick up at its booth (#759).
- The Art of ReBoot, a collection of art from the CGI animated series. This 104 page hardcover features conceptual design illustrations from Brendan McCarthy. Also included are illustrations from Scott Lee, Dean Ormstrom, and more. In addition, the artbook features a 10 page section of new artwork from leading industry artists.
- Creators of the new Arcana series American Wasteland, RD Hall and Mark Kidwell, will be on hand to promote the release of their book as well as having a special sketch cover available for sale. American Wasteland chronicles the tale of trucker, Cletus McCoy, as he makes his way back home to save his Mama from a vampire apocalypse. Guns, guts, and a boy named Sumbitch are our hero’s only hope!
- Making its debut at the con will be Gearhead #1. Series creators Dennis Hopeless and Kevin Mellon will be at the Arcana booth. Gearhead is about Shelby Cooper on a mission to find her brother and find the destiny she never knew she had. Her journey takes her from the drag strip all the way to the White House. Like her father before her, she is Gearhead.
- Mark Poulton, Stephen Sistilli, and Dexter Weeks, the creative team behind Koni Waves, will be signing copies of their con exclusive one shot, Koni Waves: the Headdress of the Undead #1. Limited to only 200 copies, the Headdress of the Undead finds Koni battling an ancient Egyptian ruler and his army of zombies.
- Furthermore, Dave Ryan, the man behind the most talked about independent comic book crossover ever will be in attendance with an exclusive War of the Independents print. David and Arcana have put together the biggest collection of independent heroes in the history of comics. Witness Savage Dragon, Shi, Cry for Dawn, Madman and more join the greatest independent event ever. The series isn’t schedule for release until Summer 2008, but now you can enjoy a print featuring many of the characters set to take part in the crossover.
- Finally, the Arcana Studio booth is the only place you will find the sold out first issue of Kade: Sun of Perdition #1 written by Sean O?Reilly and featuring artwork from rising talent, Stjepan (Wolverine Darkness) Sejic.
The 2007 New York Comic Con will be held February 23-25 in the main hall of the Jacob Javits Center.
via Arcana Studio (link)