Good news for everyone who wants to keep track of their collection like a pro. Human Computing sent an email to us this morning letting us know ComicBase Professional 11 (formerly the Standard Edition), and ComicBase Archive 11 are now available. 30,000 new titles added this, which means you have over a quarter million issues to access.
It’s been a big year for us, and ComicBase 11 is our biggest and best ever. This year, you’ve seen us add a staggering 30,000 comics, along with thousands of notes, artist and writer credits, and storyline entries. All this has been made available as part of ComicBase’s new weekly downloadable price and title updates.
When you upgrade to ComicBase 11, you get to start in with over 275,000 issue listings, but you’ll get another year of weekly price and issue updates, letting you keep up with all the new releases, as well as new pricing trends. We’ve also added some great new features, including:
- Hypertext-based searches that let you view a favorite creator’s entire comicography just by clicking his name! (This also works for storylines, publishers and cover dates!)
- Built-in support for CGC grading
- New barcode-driven Batch commands to let you turbocharge your comic management. Use the new Batch Add Comics to Inventory command to enter a whole stack of comics at once by simply bleeping their barcodes; There’s also a new Batch “Sell Comics” command which lets you work ComicBase like a simple Point of Sale Cash Register system: just bleep in the comics you’re selling and ComicBase will compute a running sale total, complete with sales tax and shipping charges. When the sale is completed, they comics are deducted from your inventory—you can even have it print an itemized sales receipt!
- “Submit New Or Corrected Data” command lets you submit your own additions and corrections to help make ComicBase even better.
- Over 20,000 comic covers are now contained in the 2-CD Professional Edition—and the Archive Edition now includes a whopping 150,000+ scans, more than 60,000 of which are in full-size, high-definition format.
ComicBase Professional (formerly known as the Standard Edition) is available for $129. Current ComicBase 10 users can upgrade for just $49.95 ($69.95 from older versions of ComicBase).
The 2-DVD ComicBase Archive Edition is available for $299. As a special incentive to get folks to move up to the coolest comic software on the planet, users of any version of ComicBase (except ComicBase Express) can upgrade to ComicBase Archive Edition for just $99.95—but only until October 1st, 2006.
All the best ,